Friday, January 16, 2009

Where on earth have I been?

It HAS been a looooong time and everyone uses the "it's the holidays" excuse, but for me, I have some more exciting news. I bought my first home!!
So I closed on my home on the 12th of December and ever since then its been a bit of insanity. Everything from packing to painting and shopping to spackling has pretty much taken up all of my time. My dad, thankfully, was a painter back in the day (which was a Wednesday if anyone knows that from Dane Cook) so he showed me the ins and outs of painting and let me tell you, that is quite a job, especially since using painting tape was highly frowned upon. But there is certaintly something to be said about hard work paying off, because WOW what a difference! Who doesn't like makeovers?? Are you ready for some before and after pictures!?!?!


The Office is still missing a big red stripe through one of the walls... The Master Bedroom, formally known as the Barney Room.
The living room with bamboo floors!

The 2nd bedroom



Of course, I couldn't have done this all alone. I'm so grateful to have such amazing friends who've helped me. So since I've pretty much been banned from posting my friends' paint-covered pictures, I'll at least shout them out! Thanks ssssssssoooooooooooooooo much to Rob Adams (who single-handedly ripped up the 460 pounds of carpet in the rooms), my mom Marji, my dad Mike, my little bro Lucas, Karinn, Yvonne Moss, Nathalia, Trisha and Jillian!!!

2 comments:

  1. looks great, I love the hard wood floors. Good luck with the new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congrats on the place...Your clients will love coming into that studio! Good Luck with it!

    ReplyDelete