Saturday, February 21, 2009

How To Shop For a Husband


Well now that's a title that should interest most of my brides! Shop? We're supposed to shop for one of those?!


Well at first the title might seem like a dig against men, but after getting the chance to spend a few hours with the author, Janice Lieberman from The Today Show
and taking a look at her upcoming book How To Shop For a Husband (TBR May 19, 2009), I started to understand exactly what she was talking about. The, funny but true, advice that I got from the book was great to read and helps us woman see some tell-tale bad signs from the beginning as well as find the good ones! Definitely take the time to check out Janice's website (also featuring some of my photos); she's quite an accomplished woman!



During my move, I stumbled over a paper I wrote when I was at Monmouth University titled Women in America. The basic gist of it was the irony that women fought for their rights for such a long time but because of that they are now faced with more work then most men have to deal with. In some families, woman are bread-winners and care-takers of the family as well, making their 9-5 seem easy in comparison to the second shift that they cover when they get home. This made me think of Janice because during the photo shoot I saw many of the faces that she wears: The Today Show's Consumer Correspondent, loving wife, caring mom and most importantly just being Janice Lieberman. It really is fun to see the many sides of women today, isn't it? I think it shows the strength, endurance and the overall passion to experience all the things that life has to offer that a lot of women possess. If you're one of those women, then I think you'll truly enjoy seeing a glimpse of everyday life for Janice and her amazing family!





Kudos to Yvonne Moss for the amazing makeup job, Kay Unger for the fabulous wardrobe, and Grace Hanlon for putting it all together! Love working with all of you!!

Vj

No comments:

Post a Comment