Friday, February 6, 2009

Using my photos as art!

So its definitely tricky decorating my new place, especially since I have an eye for Kelvins and all so I have to find the perfect colors or I'll go crazy looking at them (hence the 15 or so little sample cans of paint I have no idea what to do with now). :-)

But, it is fun to decorate my place using my own photos. For example, I made a Metal Mural out of my favorite infrared picture that I took this year. These metal murals are very cool and I can wait for some brides to want something so edgy! Its a bunch of small square plates of metal that hook together to make a larger image. So my mural looks something like this hanging on my blue living room wall:




Another really fun thing to do is get a canvas...I do these for brides all the time and everyone loves them. Simply Canvas will actually take my photo and digitally manipulate it to look like a painting...which is exactly what I wanted for this reception detail shot I took this year that is now hanging in my laundry room. Take a look at the before and after. The blue lines on the after show what part of my picture will be wrapped around the wood so it's showing on the side of my canvas. Pretty sweet, huh? Also check out the close up detail shot of it as well so you can really see what it entails.

Before digital painting:





After digital painting:



I've also convinced

Darren LeBlanc to let me make a canvas out of one of his pictures that I absolutely love. This Angel is actually the one for courage, or so Darren told me. This one is going right over my bed. :-)




~Vj

No comments:

Post a Comment