Saturday, June 6, 2009

Heather Hair + Moss Makeup = Phabulous Photos


Being the known photographer in my group of friends has some great advantages, especially when my circle of friends include hair and makeup artists extraordinaire. Heather, who is not only doing my hair for my wedding, but is so good at what she does she travels around the country teaching people what she does, asked me to take pictures for a competition she's entering in Italy. Well, combine that with the efforts of makeup artist Yvonne Moss and the beauty of Kyleigh and Taylor and, um, WOW!!!!!

I've been waiting to share these with you until the contest deadline, and it's been hard to do so! It was equally as hard to narrow them down, and then when I finally did that, it was even harder to decide what "feel" I wanted to give each image. This is hands down my favorite non-wedding venture I've done in a long time!

There are some great behind-the-scenes things here also like the diamond cut scissors (and I thought my equipment was expensive!), Yvonne sewing Taylor into her dress and me directing Taylor's posing.

EnJOY!


~Vj




5 comments:

  1. I am the luckiest of them all! V you rock and I am so Thankful for you and the time, energy and hard work you put into making this happen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks including my pictures of you in your blog! I used the one with your arms outreached for school and got an "A". I enjoyed watching you shoot!

    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooww!!! Kyleigh looked so different this are awesome set!!! nice...

    ReplyDelete