Friday, August 7, 2009

St. Lucia Day 2

One of the items of the list of things to do today, was to take details and scenery of the islands...haha, and if you know me, you know details are so my thing! Right after breakfast I walked (or should I say hiked with the steepness of the hills around here) around and caught some great details of the resort. Take a look at the fun little montage of what I captured.

(click to enlarge)
I really am having a fantastic time here, and it is because it's beautiful place and I've tried at least 3 of their amazing frozen fruit drinks (their fruit is so fresh here!), it really does have to do with the people and the island mind set. Like this man I met this morning named Tim, who, after eating his dinner with his wife, son and granddaughter, saw I was sitting alone and came over and filled the empty seat in front of me (which I had previously been looking at imagining Rob there!). It was just nice, he sat and chatted with me for about 5 mins or so asking about what I did, etc.














The locals are great too, and although most of the time they're just trying to sell me something, they have such a light-hearted way about them that you don't even really mind them coming up to you to chat. Like this guy who I found carving wood. He almost convinced me to buy one with "Adams" on it (my to-be last name), but I thought I'd like to just save that for when Rob and I go on our honeymoon. :-)










And last but not least of course are the people that I'm actually here with. TJ and Lisa are really just such a laid-back, fun-loving couple; they're the perfect destination wedding candidates. Their families are both great too, like TJ's mom Judy here. Everyone is just loving life and having a really relaxed time (even to the point of planning boat trips before the ceremony tomorrow!). I can't wait for the rehearsal dinner tonight and, of course, the wedding tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment