Monday, October 12, 2009

Bridal Magazines Closing


Big news here... Elegant Bride and Modern Bride magazines (along with Cookie and Gourmet) are closing up shop! For more detailed information, click here for the article I read.

We all know that with the Internet so prevalent that there is less going into print...particularly for advertisers. Just think of the Yellow Pages...remember how big it used to be? Now you can't even find most businesses that way because the prices are so high and the return on investment isn't what it used to be since most of us just Google everything. Newspaper sales have been struggling, and magazines are too apparently...I think this is the first big-name magazines that I've seen shutting down. Too bad, I just sent in photo submissions to them! But not to worry...I sent to a lot more...and I'm not going to let anyone know about the outcome...not yet, but we'll just say come December, my photos will be published both locally and internationally in magazines!! Haha, although apparently no one buys the magazines anymore! :-)

If you're a bride reading this...or a bride-to-be...how many magazines did you buy/subscribe to while planning (or pre-planning) for your wedding? I know I bought a few, but I also buy them every once in a while for inspiration for my photography... Let me know ladies. :-)

~Vj

No comments:

Post a Comment