Thursday, April 15, 2010

Diane and Stephen April 9, 2010

Wow! What a great way to kick off the official "wedding season"! I had the joy of having Andres Valenzuela AND Kay English 2nd shooting for me this day and despite the crazy traffic we hit on the way to the beach, the clouds were, well, picture perfect! :-)

I was able to shoot with my new Canon 40d Infrared and it really was a great day for it. On top of that...I got one shot...well two shots, that I made into this one below, definitely my fav shot of the day! See if you can find the two pictures I combined to make this one!



The entire day was amazing, I think one of my favorite parts was when Amanda, the MoH, told me that when I walked through the door that morning, she was slightly star struck like, "Omg, it's Vanessa Joy, the photographer from the DVD!" Haha, I had to laugh and then apologize for my actual presence sans Yvonne Moss' makeup job. :-)

One HUGE thing that I accomplished thanks to Andres and Kay being there to cover most of the reception, was in addition to the slideshow that I display on a digital picture frame, I chose 20 of those images and was able to make them a mini album (thanks to Capri Album and Stacy Evans letting pick out some custom silk from a local fabric store and Rob for buying me a SWEET Canon portable printer for Christmas); and it was ready by dinner! I wish I had taken more pictures of it, but I was just so excited to surprise them with it that I didn't even think of it at the time!



Here's a little collection of my favorite images and a slideshow of the day with pictures by Andres and I, and you can check out Kay's favorites on her blog here.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic start to 2010. Just stumbled upon you blog and am stunned. Love your work. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete