Friday, April 2, 2010

A Sad Story

I was so bummed to hear about this along with some other similar studios that I've heard over the years. I recently received this e-mail from a bride that I've never met, but apparently took it upon herself to warn other brides about a specific company. While I'm not going to slander the company, I do want to post this because I have had this happen to a lot of people I know and it is something that I try and warn my brides about before the book me. I do warn all of my brides that come to me that yes you'll find lower prices at a "factory wedding studio", but you get what you pay for when you hire a studio that operates for volume.

On the other hand, there are a lot of volume companies that I know of that do amazing work! It's so hard for a bride to do all of the research to ensure that the company or individual she's hiring will produce the produect she's looking for. In that light, I thought I would share her e-mail, since she asked, but I'm eliminating the name of the company to protect them.



Here's her e-mail:

To Whom It May Concern:

I apologize for this interruption. I would like to share my true but sad story with you. It’s all about my wedding photographer. I hope all other brides will not go through the same experience as I did. Pease kindly read my true story and spread the words to your clients. Thank you very much!

We had our wedding reception last year and hired ---------- as our wedding photography company. I picked a very experienced photographer and everything went well. But then 3 weeks before my wedding, they said my photographer got busy on my day and they’ll send another photographer to me. I have no choice and I did not have much time to search again, so I accepted their offer. I can’t believe it was our nightmare to start! My photographer was horrible and very unprofessional. He lost our photos. When we received our wedding photos a month after our wedding from the company, we found that a good portion of our photos was missing and the little that they had given us was amateurish and horrific. This made us very upset. We contacted the company on numerous occasions and they refused to assist us or take any responsible actions. We have yet to receive any of the photos back, an apology, compensation or any type of assistance. They were very rude and lack true meaning of being in the service industry, especially in dealing with weddings. Nothing can replace memories of our wedding day and --------- have definitely robbed us of that. This horrible experience has caused much unnecessary stress, pain and sorrow as a newlywed couple.

Recently, I met a friend from a wedding website and thank you for her support. She said she ALMOST picked ----- on her wedding. However, her vendors told her the horror stories about that company. One of them is that they lost pictures. She said, they offer their service all over the country and make their name “popular”. They do poor work and unprofessional because they hire a bunch of people and don’t bother to really check who these people are. So, they always use excuses to change your original photographer to someone who don’t know anything about pictures. They ruined your wedding. I am definitely one of the victims. That is my true story. Please spread my 100% true story to your clients. I don’t want any innocent bride will have my experience again. Thank you very much for your time!

~ Extremely Heartbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment