Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Today Show

A little while back I photographed Janice Lieberman, Consumer Correspondent for The Today Show, who wrote the book How to Shop for a Husband, which I blogged about (click here to get to that post).

Well, Grace Hanlon came up with the idea to expand on the project and shoot some behind the scenes stuff at The Today Show , so we did! It was such a blast (except the being on the road at 5:30am part)! I was able to meet and photograph co-anchors Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira, weather and feature reporter Al Roker, and national correspondent Natalie Morales. Not only that, but Yoko Ono was appearing that day and I even caught a few shots of her. She was quite cute with her hat and glasses!





















It was really such a fun time because I had the opportunity to shoot while the cameras were rolling live. It's such an adrenaline rush! What is even more amazing is that while one segment is shooting live, two feet behind me the scene is being changed for the next segment. When one is complete, then they all have to run to the next location, which happened to be outside in the rain after Janice's spot! It really gave me such respect for how complicated it is and how much talent is required to put on a live TV show. Kudos to The Today Show team!!

Pictures can be ordered at http://www.vanessajoy.smugmug.com/.

1 comment: