Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Love My Brides

My brides are great. I love when brides look past the "client-vendor relationship" and we become friends. I've had this happen a few times over the years and I just want to express how awesome it is!
Danielle, whose wedding I'm shooting in October, and I went out for some Starbucks about a month back and she was such a great help to me finding bridesmaids dresses and apparently we're good luck for each other because she was able to pull together some details for her wedding later that night as well! We had talked about some more important things like preparing for marriage more than preparing for a wedding and mentioned this book, Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts. Rob and I are doing this book together, so I thought I'd surprise Danielle and send it to her (btw, Amazon Rocks). I got this great letter in reply!








A few years ago, I had another bride who was just so thrilled with her album that she bought John Heyn and I champagne! Well, I was single at the time (although I had already met Rob!), and I decided that I wasn't going to pop the champagne until I got engaged. Well, I got engaged and Rob and I went out to dinner a little later and did just that!












Most recently though, Sarah and Stephen, who I'm photographing this August, send me their contract with a surprise in it! The Shakira Oral Fixation Tour CD! Sarah and I are both tri-lingual, one of our common languages being Spanish and we both love Shakira. So she was thoughtful enough to send me the CD and it's been in my car ever since!!









Really now...does a "job" get any better than this??

No comments:

Post a Comment