Friday, May 29, 2009

It came, it came!

Ahhhh, the joys of shopping for tax-deductible toys. :-) My Canon 50mm 1.2 has arrived, and it's beautiful (and fits in my bag, which is amazing)!!


Of course I had to test it out IMMEDIATELY and who else was there but the one and only Tico a.k.a Mr. Fluffernutter. He was quite a good subject! He even posed himself (i love tico).





The magic about this lens is the 1.2 aperture which gives me amazingly shallow depth of field.


Shallow depth of field, I'm beginning to realize, is becoming a trademark of mine. I just love the way it gives such feeling to an image having what is most important in focus and everything else just fades away. Plus this kind of lens helps me not use a flash in low-light situations, which is perfect because I love natural light...like the light coming in from my office window in these pictures.




And it also looks good when playing with some textures, like this picture of the fluff-man.



Hmmmm....what will my next toy be?!?!! Haha...I already ordered it...only Rob and Darren know what it is!!! :-0


~Vj

7 comments:

  1. haha, nope!! I already have the 5D mark ii. :-) Think CLOSE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yup! I didn't go with a canon though... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't be a traitor. be good to canon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know...but Sigma's 70mm was what I wanted... I wasn't a fan of the 100mm that Canon has. :-) Don't worry, I'll make it up to them by getting the 24mm 1.2 soon!

    ReplyDelete