Sunday, July 26, 2009

Guest Books


I make books out of engagement sessions for my brides and groom to have at their wedding for their guests to sign. Its a wonderful, unique replacement of the white guest books that you get at A.C. Moore and everyone loves them. They're a photo layout on one side and then a blank, black matte board on the other side for people to sign (like the picture you see here). Most people get gold or silver sharpies and it looks really sharp when it's all said and done.


For Rob and I, we had a dual engagement session with Andres Valenzuela and his fiancee. I knew that I wanted an engagement book, but I didn't have a place for it at my wedding because we're doing something different for our guest book there. No, I'm not keeping it a secret! I promise to tell all later. :-) So, for our wedding, I built a guest book from out Save-the-Date and Engagement sessions.

I have to say, being engaged myself and understanding the need to find things that are different to make my wedding unique is really a fun process not only for myself, but for my business as well. I find an Australian company called Jorgensen, thanks to my photographer friend Autumn Pittelli who has a really fun way of creating more traditional, matted album layouts, (see a close up examples from the company of what I mean to the left and below) so I gave it a shot and made a sample album out of my own engagement session.















So here's my first attempt and designing this type of album. I didn't go for the flourishes, more for solids taken right out of my photos, I liked the way that blended. I also really like the use of negative space here. It helps bring the focus to the individual pictures and serves a dual purpose for room for everyone to sign. The cover is a fun color and an interesting fabric too (I'm always a sucker for new album covers). I do plan on offering this to my clients as well, but let me tell you, it is quite an upgrade believe it or not. Those Australian companies are quite pricey!


Let me know what you think!


~Vj




(cover)



(page 1 right side only, the rest are panoramic across the whole album)






(last page, left side only)

No comments:

Post a Comment