Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Doughboy {LIVE Concert Filming} / Arlene's Grocery, New York City Photographer



Some of you may know my dad, Myke Scavone, former lead singer of Ram Jam with the hit Black Betty back in the day (which was a Wednesday in case you were wondering). :-)

But who he's rockin' with now is his old high school band, The Doughboys. These guys KICK BUTT on stage and are one of the best live performances ANYONE has ever seen. If you don't want to take it from me, then take it from Little Steven (Stevie Van Zant, Bruce Springsteen's guitar player) who's named numerous songs of their the award "Coolest Song in the World" on his SM Radio station. And if you don't believe him, then get your butt to a show!

So why the blog post? Well this past Sunday, Rob and his team (Danny, Nino and Leah) along with myself and mine (aka mom, who is a photographer as well), got the opportunity to film a live concert for inclusion in their upcoming documentary/Live concert DVD which is planning to be released early next year. I was thrilled to get some killer shots of the guys in action as well as some fun details (you know me).

Check out the whole gallery of my favs here (including some behind the scenes with the crew): http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/14285592_dXBCS#1056685113_gupYD, my ultimate favs below, and most importantly, check out www.thedoughboysnj.com. I can guarantee you'll find something new to go speeding down the highway to.





















2 comments:

  1. Great photos capturing the many rock'n'roll moments of that day!~ Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great time. Oh, how I wish I could have been there!

    And yes, The Doughboys do indeed kick butt!

    ReplyDelete